R. Victor Jones matriculated into the University of California, Berkeley and entered the lab of Walter Knight, where he worked in the new field of nuclear magnetic resonance. He continued into graduate school at…
- Interviewee Jones, R. Victor, 1929-
- Interviewer Brock, David C.
- Subject Microelectronics industry, Shockley, William, 1910-1989, Moore, Gordon E., 1929-, Electronic industries, Bell Telephone Laboratories, Shockley Semiconductor Laboratory, Jones, R. Victor, 1929-, Last, Jay T., Physicists--Biography, Physicists
- 2006-Mar-08 (First session)
- 2006-Apr-05 (Second session)
- 2006-Jun-15 (Third session)
Jean C. Jones discusses how she began working at Fairchild Semiconductor Corporation and her early interactions with Gordon Moore and Robert Noyce. Jones became full-time secretary for Fairchild and made the move to…