Robert J. Manning begins the interview with a brief sketch of his educational background. In 1948, after graduating with a M.S. in chemistry from the University of Missouri in Kansas City, Manning spent time in the…
- 2002-Feb-11 (First session)
- 2002-Feb-27 (Second session)
Kaye describes his early interest in science, and specifically, instrumentation. He discusses his decision to study at the University of Illinois, and his own academic experience there as a Ph.D. candidate in chemistry.…
- Interviewee Kaye, Wilbur I. (Wilbur Irving), 1922-2006
- Interviewer Gallwas, Gerald E., Thackray, Arnold, 1939-
- Subject Beckman, Arnold O., Scientific apparatus and instruments, Spectrophotometer, Instrument manufacture, Chemists, Kaye, Wilbur I. (Wilbur Irving), 1922-2006, Chemists--Biography, Tennessee Eastman Company, Beckman Instruments, Inc.
Willis Humphreys begins the interview by describing how he came to work at National Technical Laboratories [NTL] on 31 March 1938. Before joining NTL, Humphreys worked for a small company in Pasadena, California, but…