- 1989-Apr-07 (First session)
- 1989-Apr-08 (Second session)
- 1989-Apr-09 (Third session)
- 1989-Apr-10 (Fourth session)
Alfred O. C. Nier was born in Minnesota in 1911 to parents who had emigrated from Germany. Having been interested in radios during high school, Nier decided to study electrical engineering when he enrolled at the…
- Interviewee Nier, Alfred O. (Alfred Otto), 1911-1994
- Interviewer Krick, Thomas, Grayson, Michael A.
- Subject American Society for Testing and Materials, Mass spectrometers, Chemists, Mass spectrometry, Chemists--Biography, University of Minnesota, Nier, Alfred O. (Alfred Otto), 1911-1994, American Society for Mass Spectrometry
Concerns atomic weight scales, and Nier's work at precision determination of masses.