- 1965-Feb-18 (Date of issue)
Mexican postage stamp commemorating the 200th anniversary of the birth of Spanish-Mexican scientist, engineer, and naturalist Andrés Manuel del Río (1764-1849) best known for his discovery of compounds of vanadium in…
Depicts Wilhelm Conrad Röntgen, awarded the first Nobel Prize in Physics for the discovery of X-rays, along with an X-ray tube and an atom.
Cachet depicts a light beam passing through a prism to create a spectrum. Stamp depicts colors of the spectrum. The 15th Colloquium Spectroscopicum Internationale was held May 26-30, 1969 in Madrid, Spain.
First Day Cover commemorating United Nations efforts for the cessation of nuclear testing and preservation of humanity
Cachet and stamp depict a mushroom cloud from a nuclear weapons test. Cachet was created by Fleetwood and the stamp was commissioned by the United Nations Postal Administration. Postmark depicts the United Nations…
Stamp printed by the Republic of Cuba, depicting Marie and Pierre Curie. The 40th anniversary of the discovery of radium by Marie and Pierre Curie was commemorated in France in 1938 with the release of a semipostal…
- Artist La Nézière, Joseph de
- Engraver Piel, Jules
- Subject Women in science, Curie, Marie, 1867-1934, Women physicists, Cuba, Women in physics, Women scientists, Chemists, International Union against Cancer, Women chemists, Curie, Pierre, 1859-1906, Science on postage stamps, Nobel Prize winners, Women in chemistry, Physicists, Postage stamps, Commemorative postage stamps, Women Nobel Prize winners
Depicts Albert Einstein with his formula for special relativity, along with a rocket. Stamp was part of a series that also included Newton, Copernicus, and Galileo.
Peruvian postage stamp commemorating the centenary of the birth of Daniel Alcides Carrión García (1857-1885), a Peruvian medical student after whom Carrion's disease is named. The stamp depicts Saint Martin de Porres…
- Postage stamp commemorating the National Council of Science and Technology (Mexico)
Mexican postage stamp honoring the Consejo Nacional de Ciencia y Tecnología (National Council of Science and Technology), which was founded in 1970. Equivalent to the National Science Foundation (United States), the…
- Cuban postage stamp promoting The World United Against Malaria campaign
Cuban postage stamp printed to promote world anti-malaria campaign. Depicts a chinchona plant and chemical formulas for chloroquine and primaquine, medications used to treat malaria.