Chalmer Kirkbride begins the interview by describing his family background and childhood in Oklahoma and Kansas. During high school, Kirkbride's interests were influenced by his brother-in-law, a chemist for…
- Interviewee Kirkbride, Chalmer G., (Chalmer Gatlin), 1906-1998
- Interviewer Bohning, James J.
- Subject Standard Oil Company (Indiana), Pan American Petroleum Corporation, Magnolia Petroleum Company, Sun Oil Company, Houdry Process Corporation, Kirkbride, Chalmer G., (Chalmer Gatlin), 1906-1998, Texas A & M University, Catalytic Construction Company, Chemical engineers
Melvin Day begins the interview with a discussion of his family and childhood years in Boston. Day grew up during the Depression and often worked in his father's oil company after school to help ends meet. Day attended…
- Interviewee Day, Melvin S., 1923-2013
- Interviewer Williams, Robert V.
- Subject United States. National Technical Information Service, Chemistry--Nomenclature, M. Day Consulting, U.S. Atomic Energy Commission, Chemists, National Science Foundation (U.S.), National Library of Medicine (U.S.), Chemists--Biography, Chemistry--Abstracting and indexing, Abstracting, United States. National Aeronautics and Space Administration, Information storage and retrieval systems--Chemistry, Chemistry--Research
- 2000-Aug-07 (First session)
- 2000-Aug-08 (Second session)
- 2000-Aug-10 (Third session)
John Wotiz begins the interview with a description of his family and childhood years in Ostrava, Czechoslovakia. Wotiz first developed an interest in chemistry from his tutor. After graduating high school, Wotiz…