The interview begins with Konrad E. Bloch describing his childhood in Neisse, Germany, and his undergraduate education at Technische Hochschule in Munich. During a research assistantship in Davos, Switzerland, Bloch had…
- Interviewee Bloch, Konrad Emil, 1912-
- Interviewer Bohning, James J.
- Subject University of Oxford, Biosynthesis, Biochemists, Human Genome Project, Cholesterol, Biochemistry, Chemistry, Organic, Harvard University, Bloch, Konrad Emil, 1912-, Columbia University, Nobel Prize winners, Cholesterol--Synthesis, Nutrition
Paul Doty begins by describing his family's background and his early education in Western Pennsylvania. He also recalls attending the ACS national meeting while he was still a teenager. He describes his impressions of…
- 1986-Nov-17 (First session)
- 1986-Nov-18 (Second session)
E. Bright Wilson, Jr. begins the interview with a description of his parents, childhood, and early education. He then discusses his undergraduate and graduate studies at Princeton University, where he was inspired by…
- Interviewee Wilson, E. Bright (Edgar Bright), 1908-
- Interviewer Ferguson, Raymond C.
- Subject Spectrum analysis, Wilson, E. Bright (Edgar Bright), 1908-, Quantum theory, Chemists, Harvard University, Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution, Princeton University, Chemists--Biography, Kistiakowsky, George B. (George Bogdan), 1900-1982
- 1979-Jan-04 (First session)
- 1979-Jan-05 (Second session)
In this interview, Frank Westheimer begins with his family, his childhood and early education in Baltimore, his undergraduate days at Dartmouth, his decision to go into chemistry, and his choice of Harvard for graduate…