- 1990-Nov-09 (First session)
- 1991-May-29 (Second session)
William von Eggers Doering begins these interviews with a discussion of his early life and family background. His parents were both musicians, and met while they were both studying music in Leipzig. When World War I…
- Interviewee Doering, W. von E. (William Von Eggers), 1917-
- Interviewer Bohning, James J.
- Subject Chemistry, Hickrill Chemical Research Foundation, Yale University, Woodward, R. B. (Robert Burns), 1917-1979, Procter & Gamble Company, Doering, W. von E. (William Von Eggers), 1917-, Chemistry, Organic, Harvard University, Quinine, Chemists--Biography, Columbia University, Chemists
In this interview, Claude K. Deischer discusses his life and his career as a chemist and historian of chemistry. Initially, Deischer recollects his childhood and early education. He then speaks about his undergraduate…