Cheves Walling begins this interview by describing his family, early education, and undergraduate days at Harvard. He then discusses his graduate education at the University of Chicago, stressing the major review…
- 1979-Jan-04 (First session)
- 1979-Jan-05 (Second session)
In this interview, Frank Westheimer begins with his family, his childhood and early education in Baltimore, his undergraduate days at Dartmouth, his decision to go into chemistry, and his choice of Harvard for graduate…
This interview discusses Max Tishler's life and career. Tishler reminisces about his family, early schooling, undergraduate education at Tufts, and graduate and postgraduate work at Harvard. He then talks about his…
During the course of this interview, Charles Price discusses his life and career as a chemist. Initially, he recalls his childhood, including an incident when he had his right hand blown away by an exploding box of…
Donald Noyces comments on his childhood in Iowa, his years at Grinnell College, his experience at Columbia University as a graduate student, and his position at the University of California at Berkeley. Noyce also…
In this interview Dr. Frank Mayo first discusses his educational career as an undergraduate and graduate student at the University of Chicago. He then traces his professional career as a research chemist with Du Pont,…
- Interviewee Mayo, Frank R. (Rea), 1908-1987
- Interviewer Gortler, Leon B.
- Subject General Electric Company. Research Laboratory, Mayo, Frank R. (Rea), 1908-1987, United States Rubber Company, Kharasch, M. S. (Morris Selig), 1895-1957, Stanford Research Institute, University of Chicago, Chemists--Biography, E.I. du Pont de Nemours & Company, and Chemists
In this interview, Carl Marvel speaks about his life and career as a chemist. He begins by recalling his youth on a farm and his early education. Considerations of his undergraduate days at Illinois Wesleyan College and…
In this interview Donald Cram talks briefly about his family and growing up in Vermont, Florida and New York, and this is followed by a description of his experiences at Rollins College and his start in the world of…
- 1999-Mar-19 (First session)
- 1999-Apr-09 (Second session)
Ronald Breslow begins the interview with a discussion of his family life and background. He grew up in Rahway, New Jersey, the son of a physician. Max Tishler, a family friend, helped to pique Breslow's interest in…
Jerome Berson begins this interview with a discussion about his family, his early interest in chemistry, and his childhood in Florida. After high school, Berson attended college at City College of New York. He then…
- Interviewee Berson, Jerome A.
- Interviewer Gortler, Leon B.
- Subject Physical organic chemistry, Woodward, R. B. (Robert Burns), 1917-1979, Berson, Jerome A., Hückel, Erich, 1896-1980, Chemists--Biography, Biradicals, University of Wisconsin, Yale University, Conservation of orbital symmetry, Roche Diagnostics, University of Southern California, Doering, W. von E. (William Von Eggers), 1917-, Molecular orbitals, Carbonium ions, and Isotope dilution analysis