- 2001-Aug-13 (First interview)
- 2001-Aug-30 (Second interview)
Robert L. McNeil, Jr. begins his interview by discussing his parent's heritage and the evolution of the Firm of Robert McNeil, the drugstore started by his grandfather. As young men, McNeil and his brother worked as…
John W. Johnstone begins the interview with a description of his childhood days in the boroughs of New York City. While in high school, he was encouraged by John McManus to study chemistry. After graduating from Far…
- Interviewee Johnstone, John W., 1932-2011
- Interviewer Traynham, James G.
- Subject Olin Corporation, Chemical industry, Chemists, Businesspeople--Biography, Chemists--Biography, Businesspeople, Hooker Chemicals & Plastics Corp., Executives, Johnstone, John W., 1932-2011, Airco, Inc., and Executives--Biography
The interview begins with Richard E. Heckert discussing his family background and childhood as the son of a Miami University of Ohio professor of education. Throughout the interview, he refers to his brother Winfield, a…