- Nature's Mysteries Disclosed
- Part of Arcana Naturae Detecta
Illustrated plate depicting Antoni van Leeuwenhoek's (1632-1723) microscopic studies of frog and fish specimens.
Fig. 1: Frog embryo
Fig. 2: Later development of frog embryo
Fig. 3: Further development of frog embryo…
- Artist Verkolje, Jan, 1650-
- Author Leeuwenhoek, Antoni van, 1632-1723
- Engraver Blois, Abraham de, fl 1679-1720, Schaak, J. van
- Publisher Kroonevelt, Henrik van
- Subject Tadpoles--Anatomy, Animalcules, Arteries, Blood--Circulation, Microscopy, Microscopes, Microorganisms, Aorta, Unicellular organisms, Tadpoles, Leeuwenhoek, Antoni van, 1632-1723, Physiology, Fishes, Natural history, Veins, Microbiology, Tadpoles--Growth
Folding copperplate engraving illustrating sixteen figures including the pneumatical engine and components used in pneumatic experiments leading to the discovery of Boyle's law.
Forty-three experiments are detailed…
New Experiments Physico-Mechanicall, Touching the Spring of the Air, and its Effects (Made, for the Most Part, in a New Pneumatical Engine)
Forty-three experiments are detailed within this work, including the physical and chemical properties of air proving it has weight along with determining that a vacuum restricts the transmission of sound as well as the…