Concerns Stodola's request for reprints from Reichstein.
Concerns the biologic test of a 25 mg sample of material sent to Kendall from Stodola.
Written by Joshua Lederberg while 17 years old, seeking permission to take Stodola's Chem s42C course, despite not having taken the necessary prerequisites.
Concerns Corey's favorable comments on Stodola's azoamide reaction.
In this interview Donald Cram talks briefly about his family and growing up in Vermont, Florida and New York, and this is followed by a description of his experiences at Rollins College and his start in the world of…
The interview begins with Konrad E. Bloch describing his childhood in Neisse, Germany, and his undergraduate education at Technische Hochschule in Munich. During a research assistantship in Davos, Switzerland, Bloch had…
- Interviewee Bloch, Konrad Emil, 1912-
- Interviewer Bohning, James J.
- Subject University of Oxford, Biosynthesis, Biochemists, Human Genome Project, Cholesterol, Biochemistry, Chemistry, Organic, Harvard University, Bloch, Konrad Emil, 1912-, Columbia University, Nobel Prize winners, Cholesterol--Synthesis, Nutrition
- 2014-Oct-16 (First interview)
- 2014-Oct-17 (Second interview)
- 2015-Mar-21 (Third interview)
Roald Hoffmann was born Roald Safran in Złoczów, Poland, in 1937. When the Nazi Wehrmacht reached Złoczów in 1941, Roald’s family went into hiding, then into a labor camp. His father bribed the guards to allow Roald,…