Bruno Zimm recalls growing up in Woodstock, New York and the influence of his father's interests in natural science. After briefly reviewing his schooldays and his developing fascination with science, Zimm describes his…
- Interviewee Zimm, Bruno Hasbrouck, 1920-2005
- Interviewer Bohning, James J.
- Subject Zimm, Bruno Hasbrouck, 1920-2005, Urey, Harold Clayton, 1893-1981, Light--Scattering, Chemists, General Electric Company, Chemists--Biography, Columbia University, Doty, Paul M., 1920-2011, University of California, Berkeley
- 1987-Dec-15 (First session)
- 1988-Jan-06 (Second session)
Mildred Cohn begins the interview by reflecting on her childhood, education, and family life, describing how she was prepared to enter college by age fourteen. She then discusses her undergraduate experience at Hunter…
- Interviewee Cohn, Mildred, 1913-2009
- Interviewer Gortler, Leon B.
- Subject Women biochemists, Washington University (Saint Louis, Mo.), Urey, Harold Clayton, 1893-1981, University of Pennsylvania. School of Medicine, Du Vigneaud, Vincent, 1901-1978, Biochemistry, Harvard Medical School, Cornell University, Women chemists, Cohn, Mildred, 1913-2009, American Society for Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, American Society of Biological Chemists, Women in science, Biochemists, George Washington University
Concerning appointment of Stodola as an Instructor at Columbia University.