The letter expresses Bush's "personal and official appreciation and commendation" for contracted work performed in furtherance of the war effort.
Request from the National Defense Research Committee for a Model L Pauling Oxygen Meter to test at high altitudes in airplanes.
Developed from a Linus Pauling design during WWII, the technology behind Beckman…
This letter to Dr. Spencer S. Prentiss of the National Defense Research Committee describes the results of the clinical trial of the Pauling Oxygen Meter by the United States Army. The Army decided not to standardize…
- Addressee Prentiss, Spencer S.
- Author Kauffman, Julius
- Subject Scientific apparatus and instruments, Oxygen--Measurement, United States. Army. Medical Corps, United States. Office of Scientific Research and Development. National Defense Research Committee, Beckman Instruments, inc., World War (1939-1945)
Letter summarizes the final report produced by testing the Pauling Oxygen Meter at the Army Medical Center. The final recommendation of the report is that this oxygen meter should not be standardized for use by the U.S.…
In this letter, Dr. Prentiss inquires about the possibility of combining a moisture detector and an oxygen meter, presumably for use in submarines. At the time, Dr. Spencer S. Prentiss was working for the National…
Letter regarding various requirements for the Pauling Oxygen Meter, including the possibility of making a combination moisture detector and oxygen meter. At the time, both Reuben Wood and Dr. Spencer S. Prentiss were…
Letter regarding an inquiry from the United States War Department about the sensitivity of Pauling Oxygen Meter.
Developed from a Linus Pauling design during WWII, the technology behind Beckman Instruments’ oxygen…
- Addressee Beckman, Arnold O.
- Author Churchill, Durand Jr.
- Subject Scientific apparatus and instruments, Oxygen--Measurement, World War (1939-1945), United States. War Department, United States. Office of Scientific Research and Development. National Defense Research Committee, Beckman Instruments, inc.
Letter in which Arnold Beckman's request to have the Pauling Oxygen Meter project declassified is denied.
Developed from a Linus Pauling design during WWII, the technology behind Beckman Instruments’ oxygen analyzers…
Letter regarding the extension of the military contract for Beckman Instruments' Pauling Oxygen Meter development. This letter also mentions the possibility of using the instrument inside oxygen tents.
Developed from a…
Letter regarding specifications for Pauling Oxygen Meter for use in British military aircraft.
Developed from a Linus Pauling design during WWII, the technology behind Beckman Instruments’ oxygen analyzers ended up…
Memo regarding Pauling Oxygen Meter submarine model, which was developed by Arnold Beckman during World War II. The British Navy has put in orders for the instrument, and here Pauling inquires as to why the United…