David J. Julius was born and grew up in the Brighton Beach section of Brooklyn, New York, where he lived with his parents and two brothers, one older and one younger. His father was an engineer and his mother an…
- Interviewee Julius, David J., 1955-
- Interviewer Hathaway, Neil D.
- Sponsor Pew Charitable Trusts
- Subject Julius, David J., 1955-, Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Columbia University. Comprehensive Cancer Center, Xenopus, Aplysia, Neurobiology, Electrophysiology, Serotonin--Receptors, Genetics, Biochemists, Geneticists, Medical scientists
- 1993 – 1995 (In three sessions)
Boris Magasanik begins the interview with a description of his childhood years in Vienna, Austria. Shortly after graduating from the Gymnasium in 1937, Magasanik immigrated to the United States to live with his sister…
The interview begins with Konrad E. Bloch describing his childhood in Neisse, Germany, and his undergraduate education at Technische Hochschule in Munich. During a research assistantship in Davos, Switzerland, Bloch had…
- Interviewee Bloch, Konrad Emil, 1912-
- Interviewer Bohning, James J.
- Subject University of Oxford, Biosynthesis, Biochemists, Human Genome Project, Cholesterol, Biochemistry, Chemistry, Organic, Harvard University, Bloch, Konrad Emil, 1912-, Columbia University, Nobel Prize winners, Cholesterol--Synthesis, Nutrition