- 1992-Jun-25 (First session)
- 1992-Jul-07 (Second session)
- 1992-Dec-09 (Third session)
Joshua Lederberg begins the three-part interview with a description of his parents, family background, and early years in New York. Lederberg knew from the second grade that he wanted to be a scientist, and he…
- Interviewee Lederberg, Joshua
- Interviewer Bohning, James J.
- Subject Microbiologists, Biologists, Biology, Neurospora, Microbiology, University of Wisconsin, Cold Spring Harbor Symposium on Quantitative Biology, Lederberg, Joshua, Nobel Prize winners, DNA, Cytochemistry, Escherichia coli, Biologists--Biography
Bernard Fields begins the interview with a discussion of his early years, growing up in Brooklyn, New York. Fields was encouraged by his parents to excel in scholastic endeavors. After graduating high school at the age…
- Interviewee Fields, Bernard N.
- Interviewer Schlesinger, Sondra
- Subject Molecular biology, Virology--Research, Biology, Microbiology, Biochemistry, Fields, Bernard N., Harvard Medical School, Immunology, National Communicable Disease Center (U.S.), Virology, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Biochemists, Microbiologists
David Golde begins the interview with a discussion of his early years and education in Bayonne, New Jersey. In high school, Golde developed an interest in medicine, which was stimulated by his biology teacher. He…
- Interviewee Golde, David W., 1940-2004
- Interviewer Wolfe, Audra J.
- Subject Biochemists, Biology, Microbiology, Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center, Biochemistry, Golde, David W., 1940-2004, Cornell University, University of California, Los Angeles. School of Medicine, University of California, San Francisco. School of Medicine, Virology, Virology--Research, Microbiologists
Joshua Lederberg begins the interview with a discussion of his involvement in the contamination issues of planetary exploration. As interest in space exploration gained momentum, Lederberg was in the midst of discussion…