- 2002-Feb-11 (First session)
- 2002-Feb-27 (Second session)
Kaye describes his early interest in science, and specifically, instrumentation. He discusses his decision to study at the University of Illinois, and his own academic experience there as a Ph.D. candidate in chemistry.…
- Interviewee Kaye, Wilbur I. (Wilbur Irving), 1922-2006
- Interviewer Thackray, Arnold, 1939- and Gallwas, Gerald E.
- Subject Spectrophotometer, Kaye, Wilbur I. (Wilbur Irving), 1922-2006, Instrument manufacture, Scientific apparatus and instruments, Chemists--Biography, Beckman, Arnold O., Chemists, Beckman Instruments, Inc., and Tennessee Eastman Company
Michael McKeown grew up in a small town near San Francisco, California. McKeown attended Stanford University, where he began in math but switched to biology. He liked the small classes and the opportunity for close…