Joshua Lederberg begins the interview with a discussion of his involvement in the contamination issues of planetary exploration. As interest in space exploration gained momentum, Lederberg was in the midst of discussion…
David Golde begins the interview with a discussion of his early years and education in Bayonne, New Jersey. In high school, Golde developed an interest in medicine, which was stimulated by his biology teacher. He…
- Interviewee Golde, David W., 1940-2004
- Interviewer Wolfe, Audra J.
- Subject Microbiology, Microbiologists, Virology, Biochemists, Biochemistry, Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center, University of California, Los Angeles. School of Medicine, Cornell University, Golde, David W., 1940-2004, Virology--Research, Biology, and University of California, San Francisco. School of Medicine
Bernard Fields begins the interview with a discussion of his early years, growing up in Brooklyn, New York. Fields was encouraged by his parents to excel in scholastic endeavors. After graduating high school at the age…
- Interviewee Fields, Bernard N.
- Interviewer Schlesinger, Sondra
- Subject Molecular biology, Biochemistry, National Communicable Disease Center (U.S.), Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Virology--Research, Fields, Bernard N., Harvard Medical School, Microbiology, Biochemists, Microbiologists, Immunology, Virology, and Biology
- 1992-Jun-25 (First session)
- 1992-Jul-07 (Second session)
- 1992-Dec-09 (Third session)
Joshua Lederberg begins the three-part interview with a description of his parents, family background, and early years in New York. Lederberg knew from the second grade that he wanted to be a scientist, and he…
- Interviewee Lederberg, Joshua
- Interviewer Bohning, James J.
- Subject Nobel Prize winners, Biology, Cold Spring Harbor Symposium on Quantitative Biology, Microbiologists, Neurospora, Lederberg, Joshua, University of Wisconsin, Escherichia coli, Cytochemistry, DNA, Biologists--Biography, Biologists, and Microbiology