- 2001-Aug-13 (First interview)
- 2001-Aug-30 (Second interview)
Robert L. McNeil, Jr. begins his interview by discussing his parent's heritage and the evolution of the Firm of Robert McNeil, the drugstore started by his grandfather. As young men, McNeil and his brother worked as…
Eugene Garfield begins the interview with a discussion of The Johns Hopkins University Welch Library indexing project. Garfield joined this project in 1951, during which he became involved in machine methods for…
- Interviewee Garfield, Eugene, 1925-2017
- Interviewer Williams, Robert V.
- Subject Citation indexes, Garfield, Eugene, 1925-2017, Information science, Communication in science, Technology--Abstracting and indexing, Chemistry--Nomenclature, Information scientists, Humanities--Abstracting and indexing, Chemistry--Notation, Information scientists--Biography, and Science--Abstracting and indexing
- 2009-Sep-24 (First session)
- 2009-Nov-23 (Second session)
- 2010-Feb-27 (Third session)
- 2010-Jun-28 (Fourth session)
Herman Fialkov was born in 1922 and grew up in Brooklyn, New York. Herman attended City College of New York, studying engineering. He left college to take a job with Emerson Radio Corporation attending night school at…
- Interviewee Fialkov, Herman, 1922-2012
- Interviewer Ulrych, Richard and Brock, David C.
- Subject Engineers, New business enterprises, Engineers--Biography, Entrepreneurship, Semiconductors, Businesspeople, Electronic industries, General Instrument Corporation, Rock, Arthur, 1926-, Fialkov, Herman, 1922-2012, and Businesspeople--Biography
- 1991-May-29 (Second session)
- 1990-Nov-09 (First session)
William von Eggers Doering begins these interviews with a discussion of his early life and family background. His parents were both musicians, and met while they were both studying music in Leipzig. When World War I…
- Interviewee Doering, W. von E. (William Von Eggers), 1917-
- Interviewer Bohning, James J.
- Subject Woodward, R. B. (Robert Burns), 1917-1979, Chemistry, Organic, Chemists--Biography, Harvard University, Procter & Gamble Company, Yale University, Hickrill Chemical Research Foundation, Chemistry, Columbia University, Doering, W. von E. (William Von Eggers), 1917-, Quinine, and Chemists
In this interview, Claude K. Deischer discusses his life and his career as a chemist and historian of chemistry. Initially, Deischer recollects his childhood and early education. He then speaks about his undergraduate…
This interview discusses Frank J. Biondi's education, career, and involvement in The Electrochemical Society, beginning with college experiences as a chemical engineering major at Lehigh University and initial work at…