Joshua Lederberg begins the interview with a discussion of his involvement in the contamination issues of planetary exploration. As interest in space exploration gained momentum, Lederberg was in the midst of discussion…
- 1992-Jun-25 (First session)
- 1992-Jul-07 (Second session)
- 1992-Dec-09 (Third session)
Joshua Lederberg begins the three-part interview with a description of his parents, family background, and early years in New York. Lederberg knew from the second grade that he wanted to be a scientist, and he…
- Interviewee Lederberg, Joshua
- Interviewer Bohning, James J.
- Subject Microbiologists, Biologists, Biology, Neurospora, Microbiology, University of Wisconsin, Cold Spring Harbor Symposium on Quantitative Biology, Lederberg, Joshua, Nobel Prize winners, DNA, Cytochemistry, Escherichia coli, Biologists--Biography
Concerns Todd's receipt of the Lomonosov medal from the USSR Academy of Science as well as possible lecture topics for his upcoming trip to the United States.