- 1991-Jun-19 (First session)
- 1994-Mar-17 (Second session)
Emil Smith begins his oral history interview by discussing his undergraduate study of biology at Columbia University. He received a Guggenheim fellowship to Cambridge University until the outbreak of World War II. Smith…
William McMillan begins this interview with a discussion of his parents and youth in Montebello, California. The youngest of seven siblings, McMillan expressed an interest in science at an early age. He attended…
- Interviewee McMillan, William George, 1919-
- Interviewer Bohning, James J.
- Subject Rand Corporation, Mayer, Joseph Edward, 1904-, McMillan, William George, 1919-, Manhattan Project (U.S.), Chemists, McMillan Science Associates, Harvard University, Chemists--Biography, Columbia University, University of California, Los Angeles
In this letter, Dr. Boetler thanks Arnold O. Beckman for donating several components of an EASE computer to the University of California Los Angeles's Department of Engineering. Dr. Boetler also thanks Dr. Beckman…