Joshua Lederberg begins the interview with a discussion of his involvement in the contamination issues of planetary exploration. As interest in space exploration gained momentum, Lederberg was in the midst of discussion…
- 1992-Jun-25 (First session)
- 1992-Jul-07 (Second session)
- 1992-Dec-09 (Third session)
Joshua Lederberg begins the three-part interview with a description of his parents, family background, and early years in New York. Lederberg knew from the second grade that he wanted to be a scientist, and he…
- Interviewee Lederberg, Joshua
- Interviewer Bohning, James J.
- Subject Nobel Prize winners, Biology, Cold Spring Harbor Symposium on Quantitative Biology, Microbiologists, Neurospora, Lederberg, Joshua, University of Wisconsin, Escherichia coli, Cytochemistry, DNA, Biologists--Biography, Biologists, and Microbiology
David Golde begins the interview with a discussion of his early years and education in Bayonne, New Jersey. In high school, Golde developed an interest in medicine, which was stimulated by his biology teacher. He…
- Interviewee Golde, David W., 1940-2004
- Interviewer Wolfe, Audra J.
- Subject Microbiology, Microbiologists, Virology, Biochemists, Biochemistry, Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center, University of California, Los Angeles. School of Medicine, Cornell University, Golde, David W., 1940-2004, Virology--Research, Biology, and University of California, San Francisco. School of Medicine
Bernard Fields begins the interview with a discussion of his early years, growing up in Brooklyn, New York. Fields was encouraged by his parents to excel in scholastic endeavors. After graduating high school at the age…
- Interviewee Fields, Bernard N.
- Interviewer Schlesinger, Sondra
- Subject Molecular biology, Biochemistry, National Communicable Disease Center (U.S.), Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Virology--Research, Fields, Bernard N., Harvard Medical School, Microbiology, Biochemists, Microbiologists, Immunology, Virology, and Biology