Stamps depict Niels Bohr, the equation for the Bohr frequency condition (an equation relating to light frequency and electrons), and a diagram of the Bohr model of a hydrogen atom.
Depicts awardees of the 1901 Nobel Prizes: Wilhelm Conrad Röntgen in Physics, Sully Prudhomme in Literature, Emil von Behring in Physiology or Medicine, and Jacobus Henricus van 't Hoff in Chemistry.
- Artist Åsberg, Stig, 1909-1968
- Engraver Wallhorn, Arne
- Subject Postmarks, Sully Prudhomme, 1839-1907, Commemorative postage stamps, First day covers (Philately), Postage stamps, Nobel Prize winners, Hoff, J. H. van 't (Jacobus Henricus), 1852-1911, Röntgen, Wilhelm Conrad, 1845-1923, Cachets (Philately), Science on postage stamps, and Behring, Emil von, 1854-1917
Cachet created by ArtCraft depicts a male and female chemist working in a laboratory setting, with text reading, "A Century of Modern Chemistry." Cover signed by Glen Seaborg.
Cachet depicts Frederick Banting and Charles Best with a description of how they isolated and refined insulin as an independent hormone.
- Artist Ray Webber
- Contributor British American Bank Note Company
- Subject Science on postage stamps, Banting, Frederick Grant, Sir, 1891-1941, First day covers (Philately), Physicians, Postage stamps, University of Toronto, Medical scientists, Nobel Prize winners, Canada, Best, Charles Herbert, 1899-1978, Cachets (Philately), and Commemorative postage stamps
Cachet depicts chemical apparatus used in the petroleum industry. Stamp depicts Paul Sabatier, "founder of catalytic chemistry."
Cachet includes two depictions of Lord Rutherford and text, "World Famous Scientist Pioneering in Radioactivity and Nuclear Physics." The research program in the field of radioactivity undertaken by Rutherford at…
Cachet depicts a tree-lined street. On left side of stamp, a patient is shown receiving radium treatments, while a portrait of Marie Curie is depicted on the right.
- Contributor India Posts and Telegraphs
- Printer India Security Press
- Subject Chemists, Science on postage stamps, Women in science, Commemorative postage stamps, Physicists, First day covers (Philately), Postage stamps, Nobel Prize winners, Women chemists, Women scientists, Women physicists, Radium--Therapeutic use, India, Cachets (Philately), Curie, Marie, 1867-1934, Women in physics, and Women in chemistry
Stamp depicts Albert Einstein and the the equation of mass-energy equivalence (E=MC2). Einstein has been featured on numerous stamps from around the world. His first appearance on a stamp is believed to be on this…
Cachet and stamp depict Albert Einstein. Cachet also depicts Einstein's formula for mass-energy equivalence and is from the Prominent Americans Series. The postmark is from Princeton, New Jersey.