Louis Rubens begins the interview by discussing his family background and early education. Rubens grew up in Escanaba, Michigan, where his parents ran a tourist park. He attended parochial school, and he credits his…
- 1986-Jun-20 (Third session)
- 1986-Feb-03 (First session)
- 1986-Mar-17 (Second session)
In this first of three interviews Herman Mark starts with his study of relatively stable free radicals under the direction of Wilhelm Schlenk, first in Vienna and then in Berlin. After a post doctural period at the…
- Interviewee Mark, H. F. (Herman Francis), 1895-1992
- Interviewer Sturchio, Jeffrey L. (Jeffrey Louis), 1952- and Bohning, James J.
- Subject Canadian International Paper Company, Haber, Fritz, 1868-1934, Interessengemeinschaft Farbenindustrie Aktiengesellschaft, Cellulose, Macromolecules, Mark, H. F. (Herman Francis), 1895-1992, Chemists--Biography, Kaiser Wilhelm Institut für Chemie, Alfrey, Turner, 1918-1981, Carothers, Wallace Hume, 1896-1937, Meyer, Kurt H. (Kurt Heinrich), 1883-1952, Polymers, Polytechnic Institute of Brooklyn, and Chemists
William Hanford begins the interview with a discussion of the importance of teamwork and the influence of Roger Adams in his career. He then continues on to his family background and youth. His high school chemistry…
- Interviewee Hanford, William E., 1908-1996
- Interviewer Bohning, James J.
- Subject Carothers, Wallace Hume, 1896-1937, Olin Corporation, E.I. du Pont de Nemours & Company, Minnesota Mining and Manufacturing Company, Polymers, M. W. Kellogg Company, Chemistry, Organic, Chemists--Biography, Hanford, William E., 1908-1996, General Aniline & Film Corporation, and Chemists