Skip to Content
You searched for
Search
Creator Naval Air Engineering Center (U.S.) Remove constraint Creator: Naval Air Engineering Center (U.S.)

Search Constraints

Search Results

    • circa 1962

    Aerial view of the Naval Air Engineering Center located at Mustin Field in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, showing the assorted laboratory and manufacturing facilities.

    • 1959-Dec-10

    Color photograph of Eleanor Vadala, Chemist, and C.A. Cassola, Division Superintendent, working with a barrel of radioactive material at the Naval Air Material Center's Aeronautical Materials Laboratory. Ms. Vadala…

    • circa 1966

    Three chemists from the Naval Air Engineering Center (Philadelphia, Pa.) posed in front of the Aeronautical Materials Laboratory test site trailer bound for Florida. The chemists are identified as follows (from left):…

    • 1963-Mar-28

    Color photograph showing two technicians removing a plastic dome from an unidentified machine in the Plastics Laboratory at the Naval Air Engineering Center.

    • 1965-Aug-04

    General view of the Rubber Laboratory at the National Air Engineering Center's Aeronautical Materials Laboratory. At left, Technician Armand Rindone operates an unidentified machine before a group of observers. The…

    • 1959-Mar-18

    General view of the PK-2 Pararaft Kit display at the Naval Air Engineering Center's Naval Science Symposium. Laboratory Technical Director J. Hartley Bowen, Jr. (right, wearing glasses) is seen explaining the Pararaft…

    • 1950s – circa

    General view of an autoclave, used for the fabrication of plastics, at the Naval Air Engineering Center's Aeronautical Materials Laboratory. In the foreground, Laboratory Technical Director J. Hartley Bowen, Jr.…

    • 1968-Apr-19

    Group photograph taken to mark the development of the NARPOL aircraft coating system at the Naval Air Engineering Center's Aeronautical Materials Laboratory, Polymer Division. NARPOL is a partially fluorinated…

    • circa 1958

    Eleanor Vadala, chemist, demonstrating use of the Gammacell 220, a textile chemistry machine, used in the Naval Air Material Center's Aerospace Materials Laboratory. The Gammacell 220 is a source of Cobalt-60 gamma…

    • 1968-Apr-22

    Retirement ceremony in honor of Edward K. Rishel, chemist at the Naval Air Engineering Center's Aeromaterials Laboratory. Rishel (center left) holds a certificate reading "Honorably Retired as a Civilian Employee of the…

    • 1956-Jul-20

    General view of the rubber extruder in the Rubber Laboratory at the Naval Air Material Center. Chemist C.P. Yarnall (center) and two unidentified men are seen removing material from the extruder and coiling it around a…

    • 1959-Mar-19

    Eleanor Vadala, chemist, and Dr. Earl Hayes, U.S. Defense Department, examining a display of airship fabric produced at the Naval Air Material Center. Ms. Vadala demonstrates the threads on an airship model while Dr.…

    • 1965-Nov-18

    Retirement dinner in honor of George B. Cook, the first chemist to join the Naval Air Engineering Center's aircraft factory in Philadelphia. Technical Director J. Hartley Bowen, Jr. (center) is seen presenting Mr. Cook…

    • circa 1965

    Research chemist Stanley Supkis using a distillation apparatus in the Aeromaterials laboratory at the Naval Air Engineering Center (Philadelphia, Pa.).

    • 1968-Apr-19

    Laboratory staff in the High Polymer Division of the Naval Air Engineering Center's Aeromaterials Laboratory examining the first batches of new NARPOL polymers used to coat aircraft metals. The individuals in the…

    • 1961-Jun-02

    Group photograph of Aeronautical Materials Laboratory staff members (from left) J. Hartley Bowen, Jr. (Technical Director); Martin J. Devine; and E. Robert Lamson. Assorted machinery, as well as a sign for the…

    • circa 1965

    Award ceremony in honor of Sally J. Ketcham, Metallurgist at the Naval Air Engineering Center located in Johnsville, Pennsylvania. The individuals in the photograph are identified as follows (from left): J. Hartley…

    • 1964

    Three chemists in the Nuclear Chemistry Laboratory at the Naval Air Engineering Center in Johnsville, Pennsylvania. The individuals in the photograph are identified as follows (from left): Alfred Glass (Chemist); Dr.…

    • 1965

    Patent award ceremony at the Aeronautical Materials Laboratory in honor of John Ohlson. The individuals in the photograph are identified as follows (from left): Bob Lamson (chemist); John Ohlson (patent award…

    • circa 1963

    Award presentation in honor of George B. Cook, the first chemist to join the Naval Aircraft factory in 1922. The individuals in the photograph are identified as follows (from left): Jack Smith (Laboratory Supervisor);…

    • circa 1966

    Group photograph of staff members at the Naval Air Engineering Center Polymer laboratory. At left, chemist Irving Custis is seen demonstrating a machine used in the production of polymers at the laboratory. The…