- 1979-Jan-04 (First session)
- 1979-Jan-05 (Second session)
In this interview, Frank Westheimer begins with his family, his childhood and early education in Baltimore, his undergraduate days at Dartmouth, his decision to go into chemistry, and his choice of Harvard for graduate…
Paul Doty begins by describing his family's background and his early education in Western Pennsylvania. He also recalls attending the ACS national meeting while he was still a teenager. He describes his impressions of…
- 1986-Nov-17 (First session)
- 1986-Nov-18 (Second session)
E. Bright Wilson, Jr. begins the interview with a description of his parents, childhood, and early education. He then discusses his undergraduate and graduate studies at Princeton University, where he was inspired by…
- Interviewee Wilson, E. Bright (Edgar Bright), 1908-
- Interviewer Ferguson, Raymond C.
- Subject Quantum theory, Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution, Harvard University, Kistiakowsky, George B. (George Bogdan), 1900-1982, Spectrum analysis, Wilson, E. Bright (Edgar Bright), 1908-, Princeton University, Chemists, and Chemists--Biography
The interview begins with Konrad E. Bloch describing his childhood in Neisse, Germany, and his undergraduate education at Technische Hochschule in Munich. During a research assistantship in Davos, Switzerland, Bloch had…
- Interviewee Bloch, Konrad Emil, 1912-
- Interviewer Bohning, James J.
- Subject Biochemistry, Nobel Prize winners, Biosynthesis, Bloch, Konrad Emil, 1912-, Cholesterol, Human Genome Project, Harvard University, University of Oxford, Biochemists, Cholesterol--Synthesis, Chemistry, Organic, and Columbia University