Skip to Content
You searched for
Search
Place Michigan--Midland Remove constraint Place: Michigan--Midland Format Image Remove constraint Format: Image

Search Constraints

Search Results

    • 1948-Feb-24

    General view of instrument journeyman Willard Van Wingerden operating a 16mm film projector at a Dow Chemical Company employee group meeting. Wingerden was a member of Dow's Instrument Department, which was responsible…

    • 1948-Feb-24

    General view of Melvin Dietzel (kneeling) and Larry Oeffner examining the stock supply of replacement parts in the Dow Chemical Company's Instrument Department. Established in 1926, the Instrument Department was…

    • 1948-Feb-24

    General view of instrument journeyman Harry Beamish inserting an element into a Foxboro recording thermometer in the Dow Chemical Company's Instrument Department. Established in 1926, the Instrument Department was…

    • 1948-Feb-24

    General view of Instrument calibrationist August Aaron checking the calibration of a voltmeter in the Dow Chemical Company's Instrument Department. Established in 1926, the Instrument Department was responsible for the…

    • 1948-Feb-24

    General view of instrument journeyman Norris Hunemorden servicing a Foxboro recorder, part of the control panel at the Dow Chemical Company's Ethylene Glycol Plant. Hunemorden was a member of Dow's Instrument…

    • 1948-Feb-24

    General view of the Instrument Department workroom at the Dow Chemical Company plant located in Midland, Michigan. Established in 1926, the Instrument Department was responsible for the installation and maintenance of…

    • 1948-Feb-24

    General view of the Instrument Department workroom at the Dow Chemical Company plant located in Midland, Michigan. Established in 1926, the Instrument Department was responsible for the installation and maintenance of…

    • 1948-Feb-24

    General view of skilled instrument specialist Robert L. Kennedy cleaning and repairing a stop watch in the Dow Chemical Company's Instrument Department. Established in 1926, the Instrument Department was responsible for…

    • 1930s

    General view of the railroad tracks located along the Tittabawassee River near Plant E, part of the Dow Chemical Company facilities located in Midland, Michigan.

    • 1897

    General view of the Dow Chemical Company's first Berry Safety Boiler being delivered to the Plant A Power House at the company's facilities in Midland, Michigan. Two of the individuals visible in the photograph are…

    • 1930s

    Aerial view, taken from the Tittabawassee River, of the Dow Chemical Company plants and facilities located in Midland, Michigan.

    • 1954-Apr-09

    General view of the exterior of the Dow Chemical Company facilities located in Midland, Michigan.

    • 1950s

    Overhead view of an unidentified employee filling storage containers during the production of aspirin at the Dow Chemical Company facilities located in Midland, Michigan.

    • 1950s

    General view of the interior of the pot house used for the production of caustic soda at the Dow Chemical Company plant located in Midland, Michigan. Also known as sodium hydroxide, caustic soda was commonly used to…

    • 1940s

    General view of a brine well at the Dow Chemical Company facilities in Midland, Michigan. Also known as salt wells, brine wells are used to extract salt from subterranean caverns or deposits for use in a variety of…

    • circa 1900

    General view of a horse-drawn buggy loaded with the first shipment of Dow bromides sent to Japan. This photograph was taken at Plant B at the Dow Chemical Company facilities located in Midland, Michigan.

    • 1986-Sep

    General exterior view of the West Side Power House at the Dow Chemical Company plant located in Midland, Michigan.

    • circa 1900

    General exterior view of a section of the Dow Chemical Company plant located in Midland, Michigan.

    • circa 1900

    General exterior view of a section of the Dow Chemical Company plant located in Midland, Michigan.

    • circa 1900

    General exterior view of a section of the Dow Chemical Company plant located in Midland, Michigan. Two unidentified employees are visible in the background on the right-hand side of the photograph.

    • circa 1900

    General exterior view of a section of the Dow Chemical Company plant located in Midland, Michigan.

    • circa 1900

    General exterior view of Derrick No. 1 and assorted buildings at the Dow Chemical Company Bromide plant located in Midland, Michigan.

    • 1980s

    Aerial view of the Dow Chemical Company plant facilities located in Midland, Michigan with a view of the adjoining Tittabawassee River.

    • 1970s

    Aerial view of the Dow Chemical Company Corporate Center located in Midland, Michigan.

    • before 1916

    General view, taken from the Tittabawassee Riverfront opposite George Street, of the Dow Chemical Company facilities in Midland, Michigan following the completion of Plant E.