Skip to Content
You searched for
Search
Place Michigan--Midland Remove constraint Place: Michigan--Midland Format Image Remove constraint Format: Image

Search Constraints

Search Results

    • 1950s

    Interior view of a section of the South Side Power House at a Dow Chemical Company plant in Midland, Michigan, showing a control panel and two unidentified employees.

    • 1950s

    Interior view of a section of the South Side Power House at a Dow Chemical Company plant in Midland, Michigan.

    • 1950s

    General view of a section of the Dow Chemical Company's Chlorobenzene Plant located in Midland, Michigan. Chlorobenzene is commonly used to produce pharmaceuticals, specialty chemicals, plastics, glazing materials,…

    • 1952

    General view of the ethyl benzene cracking towers at a Dow Chemical Company plant in Midland, Michigan. Ethyl benzene is commonly used to manufacture polystyrene plastics, engineering plastics, and synthetic rubber.

    • 1936 – 1937

    Aerial view of the Dow Chemical Company plants and facilities located in Midland, Michigan. This photograph was taken by H. H. Harris, President of the General Alloys Company of Boston and amateur photographer who…

    • 1936 – 1937

    Aerial view of the Dow Chemical Company plants and facilities located in Midland, Michigan. This photograph was taken by H. H. Harris, President of the General Alloys Company of Boston and amateur photographer who…

    • 1950s

    Exterior view of the main office building at the Dow Chemical Company's headquarters in Midland, Michigan.

    • 1936 – 1937

    Aerial view of the Dow Chemical Company plants and facilities located in Midland, Michigan. This photograph was taken by H. H. Harris, President of the General Alloys Company of Boston and amateur photographer who…

    • 1950s

    Interior view of the Dow Chemical Company's lead arsenate plant with partial view of industrial machinery and barrels used for storage and transport. An inorganic pesticide, lead arsenate was first used to combat gypsy…

    • 1952

    General view of an unidentified employee assembling sample panels in the Dow Chemical Company's Coatings Technical Service department. The department commonly developed a range of materials used to improve the…

    • 1952

    General view of employees at work in the Engineering Department at the Dow Chemical Company's headquarters in Midland, Michigan. Assorted blueprints and papers are visible on the drafting tables arranged throughout the…

    • 1940s

    General view of raw material and manufacturing facilities used for the production of lime sulfur at an unidentified Dow Chemical Company plant. Beginning in 1907, Herbert Dow marketed lime sulfur, also known as calcium…

    • circa 1952

    General view of an unidentified employee holding a mouse while standing in front of several rows of cages used to house mice at the Dow Chemical Company's Biological Chemical Laboratory. The laboratory commonly…

    • circa 1955

    General view of chemist Roger Monroe working with a still in the Dow Chemical Company's Bush Aromatics Research Department.

    • 1949

    General view of a brine well at the Dow Chemical Company facilities in Midland, Michigan. Also known as salt wells, brine wells are used to extract salt from subterranean caverns or deposits for use in a variety of…

    • 1955

    General view of an unidentified employee weighing a rabbit in the Dow Chemical Company's Biological Chemical Laboratory. Several rows of pens containing other rabbits are visible in the background. The laboratory…

    • 1949

    General view of two chemists using experimental distillation apparatus to purify aromatic chemicals in the Bush Aromatics Research Department at the Dow Chemical Company facilities in Midland, Michigan. The individuals…

    • 1952

    General view of an unidentified employee conducting an experiment with assorted fruit specimens in the Dow Chemical Company's Biological Chemical Laboratory. The laboratory commonly conducted research and testing…

    • 1952

    General view of an unidentified employee working with assorted test tubes in the Dow Chemical Company's Biological Chemical Laboratory. The laboratory commonly conducted research and testing related to the development…

    • 1952

    General view of an unidentified technician working within a stainless steel hood used to grow experimental plants at the Dow Chemical Company's Spectroscopy Laboratory. At the laboratory, radioactive isotopes were used…

    • 1936 – 1937

    Aerial view of the Dow Chemical Company plants and facilities located in Midland, Michigan. This photograph was taken by H. H. Harris, President of the General Alloys Company of Boston and amateur photographer who…

    • 1964

    Aerial view of the Dow Chemical Company Research Center located in Midland, Michigan. Various buildings are numbered and identified as follows on the back of the photograph:

    1) Library, Patent and Research…