- 2013-May-02 (Second session)
- 2013-May-01 (First session)
George M. Wyman was born in Budapest, Hungary, in 1921. Wyman attended the Lutheran Gimnázium in Budapest until World War II threatened, leaving for the United States to become a chemist. Wyman entered Cornell…
- Interviewee Wyman, George M., 1921-2017
- Interviewer Roberts, Jody A. and Caruso, David J.
- Subject Fluorine, Indigo, Wyman, George M., 1921-2017, United States. National Bureau of Standards, Chemistry, Organic, Chemistry, Physical and theoretical, Cornell University, Isomerization, United States. Army. European Research Office, and Dyes and dyeing--Chemistry
William F. Little discusses his early life in a small town and education, including his discovery of chemistry at Lenoir-Rhyne College, where he received a bachelor's degree in mathematics, biology, and chemistry, and…
Paul Greer begins his interview with a short description of his upbringing in western Pennsylvania, where his father operated a successful business college. Greer studied chemistry at the small Grove City College, but…
- Interviewee Greer, Paul S., 1904-2006
- Interviewer Morris, Peter J. T.
- Subject Reconstruction Finance Corporation. Office of Synthetic Rubber, Chemical engineers, Chemical engineering, Petroleum chemicals, United States. Army Research Office, Greer, Paul S., 1904-2006, and Carbide and Carbon Chemicals Corporation