Leo Brewer begins the interview with a description of his family and his early years growing up in Youngstown, Ohio. Brewer's father worked as a shoe repairman until the Depression hit in 1929. Brewer and his family…
- Interviewee Brewer, Leo, 1919-2005
- Interviewer Bohning, James J.
- Subject Chemistry, Physical and theoretical, Actinide elements, High temperature chemistry, University of California, Berkeley. Department of Chemistry, Chemists--Biography, University of California, Berkeley. College of Chemistry, Los Alamos National Laboratory, Brewer, Leo, 1919-2005, Thermochemistry, Thermodynamics, Plutonium, and Manhattan Project (U.S.)
Donald Noyces comments on his childhood in Iowa, his years at Grinnell College, his experience at Columbia University as a graduate student, and his position at the University of California at Berkeley. Noyce also…
Concerns Stodola's request for a photograph of Calvin, as well as congratulating Stodola on winning the Pasteur Award for 1965.
Concerns possibility of publishing a manuscript of Hildebrand's, titled, "Order from Chaos."
Concerns request for a copy of the Fourth Report of the Committee on Atoms of the International Union of Chemistry.
- Author Seaborg, Glenn T. (Glenn Theodore), 1912-1999
- Addressee International Union of Pure and Applied Chemistry
- Contributor International Union of Pure and Applied Chemistry
- Subject Seaborg, Glenn T. (Glenn Theodore), 1912-1999, Livingood, John J. (John Jacob), 1903-, International Union of Pure and Applied Chemistry, and Nobel Prize winners