Skip to Content
You searched for
Search
Format Image Remove constraint Format: Image Subject Employees Remove constraint Subject: Employees Date 1950 Remove constraint Date: <span class='single'>1950</span>

Search Constraints

Search Results

    • 1950s

    Portrait of agricultural economist Gae Adamson Bennett (b. 1917). While working for the United States Department of Agriculture Economic Research Service, Bennett co-authored numerous volumes on agricultural production…

    • 1950s

    General view of employees examining a Styron belt (also known as a ribbon) as it is extruded from a machine in the Styron manufacturing facilities at the Dow Chemical Company plant located in Midland, Michigan. Per…

    • 1950s

    General view of unidentified employees at work in the Styron manufacturing facilities at the Dow Chemical Company plant located in Midland, Michigan. A Styron belt (also known as a ribbon) is visible being extruded from…

    • 1950s

    Close-up view of a Perkin-Elmer Model DSC-1 Differential Scanning Calorimeter. The man posed with the instrument is unidentified.

    • 1950s

    General view of Perkin-Elmer Corporation co-founder and President Richard Scott Perkin (right) and an unidentified individual examining a portion of the interior of a Perkin-Elmer instrument.

    • 1950s

    General view of Perkin-Elmer Corporation Vice President Thomas Fahy (right) and two unidentified individuals examining a model of a stratoscope, a balloon-borne astronomical telescope designed to study the turbulence…

    • 1950-Sep-12

    Close-up view of a newly-installed reproduction of the Dow Chemical Company's diamond emblem on the roof of the South Power Station at the Company's headquarters in Midland, Michigan. An unidentified Power Division…

    • 1950-Sep-12

    Three views of the installation of a new sign on the roof of the South Power Station at the Dow Chemical Company's headquarters in Midland, Michigan. Installed in 1950, the sign measured 217 feet long and was visible to…

    • 1950s

    Overhead view of an unidentified employee filling storage containers during the production of aspirin at the Dow Chemical Company facilities located in Midland, Michigan.

    • 1950s

    General view of an employee at work in an unidentified Dow Chemical Company facility, possibly the Automotive Research Laboratory. A series of storage tanks with connecting electrical wires and rubber tubes are visible…

    • after 1934 – before 1970

    General view of a section of the interior of the Cliffs Dow wood distillation plant located in Marquette, Michigan. Seeking a source of raw material for its new plastic, ethylcellulose, the Dow Chemical Company joined…

    • 1950s

    General view of an unidentified employee at work in the Dow Chemical Company's Demineralization plant located in Midland, Michigan. In industrial applications, demineralization commonly refers to the process of removing…

    • 1950s

    General view of an unidentified employee using an Atlas Weather-O-Meter in the Dow Chemical Company's Coatings Technical Service department, which developed a range of materials used to improve the performance of paints…

    • 1950s

    General view of the interior of a section of the Dow Chemical Company Glycol plant located in Midland, Michigan.

    • 1950s

    General view of the production of magnesium sheets at a Dow Chemical Company plant in Midland, Michigan. As visible in the photograph, magnesium sheets were cold-rolled on mills during production, while hot mills served…

    • 1950s

    Interior view of a section of the South Side Power House at a Dow Chemical Company plant in Midland, Michigan, showing a control panel and two unidentified employees.

    • 1950s

    Interior view of a section of the South Side Power House at a Dow Chemical Company plant in Midland, Michigan.

    • 1950-Jul

    Staff and representatives pose outside the Helipot Corporation's Meridian Avenue location.

    The Helipot Corporation was founded during World War II by Arnold O. Beckman of Beckman Instruments (at that time still…

    • circa 1940 – circa 1979

    Though the photo set is identified as Beckman with "employees," some of the photographs depict ceremonies and visits to non-corporate locations, like CalTech. Some photographs are attributed, dated (1941, 1962, 1967),…

    • 1950s

    General view of U.S. Department of Agriculture personnel at an unidentified facility. Per a notation on the verso of the photograph, the individuals are identified (in no particular order) as follows: K.S. Love;…

    • 1950s

    Group photograph of staff from DuPont's nylon plant in Martinsville, Virginia. Caroline Cooper, the first forewoman promoted to shift supervisor, is visible in the front row, fourth from right. The rest of the…

    • 1950s

    Group photograph of staff from DuPont's nylon plant in Martinsville, Virginia. Supervisor C.P. White is visible in the front row, far left side. The rest of the individuals depicted in the photograph are unidentified.

    • 1950s – circa

    Two views of a chemist inserting radioactive materials into an apparatus at an unidentified U.S. Department of Agriculture facility. The U.S.D.A. commonly used radioactive material for a variety of research and testing,…

    • 1950s – circa

    View of chemist George Wieczorek (left) and an unidentified chemist using a Geiger counter to measure ionizing radiation in radioisotopes at an unidentified U.S. Department of Agriculture facility. A box of…

    • 1950s – circa

    View of chemist George Wieczorek (right) and an unidentified chemist using a Geiger counter to measure ionizing radiation in an unknown substance at a U.S. Department of Agriculture facility. The U.S.D.A. commonly used…