Peter Morris starts this interview by asking Donald Green and Willard Asbury about the early years at Standard Oil Development Company and the influence of Frank Howard and Eger Murphree. The arc process is discussed as…
- Interviewee Green, Donald A., 1905-1988 and Asbury, Willard C., 1900-1986
- Interviewer Morris, Peter J. T.
- Subject Green, Donald A., 1905-1988, Solvay Process Company, Chemical engineers, United States Strategic Bombing Survey, Ziegler-Natta catalysts, Esso Research and Engineering Company, Interessengemeinschaft Farbenindustrie Aktiengesellschaft, Asbury, Willard C., 1900-1986, Enjay Chemical Company, Standard Oil Development Company, Petroleum chemicals industry, Hydrogenation Engineering and Chemical Company, Petroleum industry and trade, Atmospheric Nitrogen Company, and Standard Oil Company
- 2009-Dec-09 (First session)
- 2009-Dec-10 (Second session)
Frank H. Field was raised in Cliffside Park, New Jersey, by an aunt, an uncle, and a grandmother. He entered Duke University, placing a year ahead in chemistry, but had very little money. To meet his expenses he worked…
- Interviewee Field, F. H. (Frank Henry), 1922-
- Interviewer Grayson, Michael A.
- Subject Humble Oil and Refining Company (Incorporated in Tex.), Esso Research and Engineering Company, Chemical apparatus, Ionization, Chemists--Biography, Franklin, J. L. (Joseph Louis), 1906-, Mass spectrometry, Rockefeller University, Chromatographic analysis, Chemists, Field, F. H. (Frank Henry), 1922-, and Consolidated Engineering Corporation