Neal Amundson begins the interview with a discussion of his family and early years in St. Paul, Minnesota. Amundson graduated from high school at the very depth of the Depression. For the Amundson family, times were…
- Interviewee Amundson, Neal R. (Neal Russell), 1916-2011
- Interviewer Bohning, James J.
- Subject Amundson, Neal R. (Neal Russell), 1916-2011, Heat--Transmission, Adsorption, Chemical engineering--Mathematics, University of Houston, Chemistry, Analytic, University of Minnesota, Chemical engineers, Standard Oil Company of New Jersey, Chromatographic analysis
Seymour Meyerson was born and raised in Chicago, Illinois and attended the University of Chicago from which he received his undergraduate degree. By 1943 Meyerson began active service with the US military, spending the…
Klaus Biemann's oral history begins with a discussion of his youth near Vienna, Austria. As pharmacy was the family profession, Biemann chose to study it at the University of Innsbruck. He soon developed an interest in…
- 2008-Apr-24 (First session)
- 2008-Apr-25 (Second session)
Keith R. Jennings begins his oral history by discussing his youth and education in the United Kingdom, including his chemistry studies at University of Oxford, where he worked with Jack Wilfrid Linnett, and his…
John H. Beynon was born in Ystalyfera, Wales, the older of two sons whose parents ended their education at secondary school. Beynon grew up in a coal mining town and attended a local university, the University of Wales…
- 2009-Dec-09 (First session)
- 2009-Dec-10 (Second session)
Frank H. Field was raised in Cliffside Park, New Jersey, by an aunt, an uncle, and a grandmother. He entered Duke University, placing a year ahead in chemistry, but had very little money. To meet his expenses he worked…
- Interviewee Field, F. H. (Frank Henry), 1922-
- Interviewer Grayson, Michael A.
- Subject Field, F. H. (Frank Henry), 1922-, Ionization, Rockefeller University, Chromatographic analysis, Chemists, Mass spectrometry, Chemists--Biography, Consolidated Engineering Corporation, Esso Research and Engineering Company, Humble Oil and Refining Company (Incorporated in Tex.), Franklin, J. L. (Joseph Louis), 1906-, Chemical apparatus