In his oral history Lawrence Evans begins by describing his parents and early life in New Mexico and Oklahoma. He describes the important influence that his father, a pharmacist by training, had in shaping an interest…
- 2011-Sep-01 (First session)
- 2011-Sep-19 (Second session)
Peter B. Lederman was born in Weimar, Germany. When Peter was seven the family left for the United States, spending about six months in England on the way finally settling in New York City. When he entered the…
- Interviewee Lederman, Peter B. (Peter Bernd), 1931-2020
- Interviewer Caruso, David J., Hunter-Lascoskie, Sarah L.
- Subject Lederman, Peter B. (Peter Bernd), 1931-2020, American Institute of Chemical Engineers, Polytechnic Institute of Brooklyn, University of Michigan, United States. Environmental Protection Agency, Shell Oil Company, Esso Research and Engineering Company, Chemical engineers, Water--Pollution
- 1985-Mar-21 (First session)
- 1985-Mar-28 (Second session)
Stuart Churchill begins with background information about his family and early education. He then describes his undergraduate years at the University of Michigan, where he was quite active in the mathematics department…
- Interviewee Churchill, Stuart Winston, 1920-
- Interviewer Sturchio, Jeffrey L. (Jeffrey Louis), 1952-
- Subject Chemical engineering, Shell Oil Company, University of Michigan, Frontier Chemical Company, American Institute of Chemical Engineers, University of Pennsylvania, Heat--Convection, Natural, Chemical engineers, Heat--Transmission, Churchill, Stuart Winston, 1920-, Brown, George Granger, 1896-
Portrait of Samuel Phillip Sadtler (1847-1923), a charter member and first President of the American Institute of Chemical Engineers (AIChE).
Samuel Philip Sadtler was born on July 18, 1847 in Pine Grove, Schyulkill…