Thank you note from Hermann Billing (1867-1946) to Georg Bredig (1868-1944). Billing was a architect and a professor at Karlsruhe Institute of Technology with Bredig.
- 1987-May-28 – 1987-Jun-17
The interviews entail a discussion of John Bailar, Jr.'s scientific life, beginning with a description of his family background. His parents had a great influence on Bailar's early education; growing up, he often helped…
- 2005-Dec-05 – 2005-Dec-07
Edwin R. Chapman grew up in Bellingham, Washington, the youngest of four children. His father taught drafting and shop in high school, and his mother stayed at home to raise the children. From an early age Chapman was…
- 1999-Jul-19 – 1999-Jul-21
Sarah A. Woodson was born and raised in Warren, Michigan. Her father was a music teacher; Sarah's mother, who was from Amsterdam, Holland, was a housewife until her children were older, when she finished college and…
- Interviewee Woodson, Sarah A., 1961-
- Interviewer Cohen, Helene L.
- Sponsor Pew Charitable Trusts
- Subject Woodson, Sarah A., 1961-, Women in science, Women in medicine, Medical scientists, Medicine--Research, RNA--Research, Nuclear magnetic resonance spectroscopy, College teachers, Women medical scientists
Alex G. Harrison was born in Peterborough, Ontario, Canada, one of two sons. His parents were farmers but had the Scottish appreciation for education. Harrison attended a one-room school, where his aunt was teacher. He…
- Part of Raphael Meldola
Frontispiece portrait photographic reproduction of Rachael Meldola (1849-1915) who was a British chemist and entomologist.
Of Spanish and Portuguese Jewish descent, Meldola was the first president of the Maccabaeans,…
Biography of Raphael Meldola (1849-1915) who was a British chemist and entomologist. Chapters include information on when he was Professor of Organic Chemistry at the University of London from 1912-15 as well a sections…
- Circa 1877 (Date of original photograph)
Printed portrait of French scientist and professor Jules Francois Joubert (1834-1910), who assisted French chemist, biologist and microbiologist Louis Pasteur (1822-1895). Joubert collaborated with Pasteur in 1877,…