The Chemistry of Combustion Applied to the Economy of Fuel with Special Reference to the Construction of Fire Chambers for Steam Boilers
Digitized content includes diagrammatic figures included in the work, The Chemistry of Combustion Applied to the Economy of Fuel with Special Reference to the Construction of Fire Chambers for Steam Boilers. The nine…
- 1870 – 1900
Illustration showing an apparatus used to generate an environment in which iron is able to ignite with oxygen at room temperature. The illustration is labeled to indicate a source of hydrogenated gas, a desiccative…
Color plate illustrates the chemistry of combustion and illumination through the structure of a flame. The currents of gases are indicated by the direction of the arrows.
This plate comes from the Chemical Atlas; or,…
- Part of The Phenomena and Laws of Heat
Engraved plate illustrates M. de Bernières' immense burning glass, capable of causing combustion through the use of lenses and sunlight. Sunlight passes through two lenses projected onto a combustible surface causing…
- 1985-Nov-18 (First session)
- 1985-Dec-02 (Second session)
Hoyt C. Hottel begins the first interview with a description of his childhood and education in Indiana, Missouri, and later Illinois, where his father was a salesman in the rubber industry. He praises his early…
- Interviewee Hottel, Hoyt C. (Hoyt Clarke), 1903-1998
- Interviewer Bohning, James J.
- Subject Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Combustion, Heat--Transmission, Hottel, Hoyt C. (Hoyt Clarke), 1903-1998, Langmuir, Irving, 1881-1957, Incendiary bombs, Chemical engineers, Combustion engineering, Cabot, Godfrey L. (Godfrey Lowell), 1861-1962, Solar energy
Beckman's New Combustion Efficiency System Directly Controls Process Heater Damper, Saves Energy and Reduces Pollution
The press release describes the Model CE-1000 Combustion Efficiency System unveiled at the ISA show in Anaheim.