- 2013-May-01 (First session)
- 2013-May-02 (Second session)
George M. Wyman was born in Budapest, Hungary, in 1921. Wyman attended the Lutheran Gimnázium in Budapest until World War II threatened, leaving for the United States to become a chemist. Wyman entered Cornell…
- Interviewee Wyman, George M., 1921-2017
- Interviewer Roberts, Jody A., Caruso, David J.
- Subject Chemistry, Physical and theoretical, Isomerization, Wyman, George M., 1921-2017, Fluorine, Chemistry, Organic, Indigo, United States. National Bureau of Standards, Dyes and dyeing--Chemistry, United States. Army. European Research Office, Cornell University
Eugene G. Rochow discusses his family background in Germany, his upbringing in New Jersey, and his early interests in electricity and silicon which led him to pursue degrees in chemistry at Cornell University where he…
- 2007-Jan-22 (First session)
- 2007-Jan-23 (Second session)
McLafferty discusses his upbringing as he continued his education in chemistry in an accelerated degree program at the University of Nebraska during World War II. Having enlisted in the war and after months of combat,…
In this interview Professor Leo Mandelkern begins with his early years in New York City and his undergraduate education at Cornell University. This is followed by his service as a meteorologist during World War II. In…
David Golde begins the interview with a discussion of his early years and education in Bayonne, New Jersey. In high school, Golde developed an interest in medicine, which was stimulated by his biology teacher. He…
- Interviewee Golde, David W., 1940-2004
- Interviewer Wolfe, Audra J.
- Subject Biochemists, Biology, Microbiology, Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center, Biochemistry, Golde, David W., 1940-2004, Cornell University, University of California, Los Angeles. School of Medicine, University of California, San Francisco. School of Medicine, Virology, Virology--Research, Microbiologists
- 1987-Dec-15 (First session)
- 1988-Jan-06 (Second session)
Mildred Cohn begins the interview by reflecting on her childhood, education, and family life, describing how she was prepared to enter college by age fourteen. She then discusses her undergraduate experience at Hunter…
- Interviewee Cohn, Mildred, 1913-2009
- Interviewer Gortler, Leon B.
- Subject Women biochemists, Washington University (Saint Louis, Mo.), Urey, Harold Clayton, 1893-1981, University of Pennsylvania. School of Medicine, Du Vigneaud, Vincent, 1901-1978, Biochemistry, Harvard Medical School, Cornell University, Women chemists, Cohn, Mildred, 1913-2009, American Society for Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, American Society of Biological Chemists, Women in science, Biochemists, George Washington University
Letter between Robert S. Mulliken and Harrison Shull, American quantum chemists, concerning upcoming speaking engagements by Mulliken.