Maurice J. Kernan was born and raised in Dublin, Ireland, the eldest of four siblings. His father worked for an insurance company; his mother was a housewife. A love of and interest in nature was nurtured during trips…
- Interviewee Kernan, Maurice J., 1962-
- Interviewer Van Benschoten, William
- Sponsor Pew Charitable Trusts
- Subject Kernan, Maurice J., 1962-, Molecular biology, Boyce Thompson Institute for Plant Research, Rhizobium, Plant genetics, Genes, DNA--Analysis, Drosophila, Ganetzky, Barry, State University of New York at Stony Brook, Geneticists, Medical scientists
- 1996-Nov-04 – 1996-Nov-06
Stephen R. J. Salton was born in Cambridge, England, and moved to Australia when he was about seven. When he was about ten, his family moved to Cranford, New Jersey, where his father became chairman of the microbiology…
The press release announces a spectrophotometer system for use with DNA analysis.
The first Beckman Instruments DU Spectrophotometer was developed in 1940, when the company was still called National Technical…
The press release announces three chemistry kits for DNA analysis: the eCAP ssDNA 100, the eCAP dsDNA 1000, and the LIFluor dsDNA 1000.