Eugene Garfield begins this interview by recalling his youth in New York, his family background and early education. He describes his interest in the West, his first jobs in Colorado and California, and his brief…
- Interviewee Garfield, Eugene, 1925-2017
- Interviewer Thackray, Arnold, 1939-, Sturchio, Jeffrey L. (Jeffrey Louis), 1952-
- Subject Citation indexes, Science--Abstracting and indexing, Chemistry--Nomenclature, Chemistry--Notation, Information scientists, Information science, Institute for Scientific Information, Communication in science, Technology--Abstracting and indexing, Information scientists--Biography, Humanities--Abstracting and indexing, Garfield, Eugene
Saul Herner begins the interview with a discussion of his childhood and family background. He grew up in New York, and attended the University of Wisconsin, where he received a B.S. in biochemistry in 1945. In 1946,…
Dale Baker begins the interview with a discussion of his early years and family background. Inspired by a high school teacher, Baker decided to major in chemical engineering upon entering Ohio State University in 1938,…
- Interviewee Baker, Dale B.
- Interviewer Slater, Leo B., Williams, Robert V.
- Subject Chemical engineering, American Chemical Society. Chemical Abstracts Service, Chemistry--Nomenclature, American Chemical Society, National Federation of Science Abstracting and Indexing Services, E.I. du Pont de Nemours & Company, Chemical engineers, Garfield, Eugene, Information storage and retrieval systems--Chemistry, Chemistry--Research, Baker, Dale B., Chemists--Biography, Chemistry--Abstracting and indexing