Carlyle B. Storm begins the interview describing his family background and chosen academic path. After obtaining his PhD, Storm became a professor of chemistry at Howard University and worked to secure funding for…
- Interviewee Storm, Carlyle B., 1935-2019
- Interviewer Daemmrich, Arthur, Thackray, Arnold, 1939-
- Subject University of Oxford, Gordon Research Conferences, Chemists, Howard University, Los Alamos National Laboratory, Storm, Carlyle B., 1935-2019, Chemists--Biography, Norges tekniske høgskole, National Institutes of Health (U.S.), New Mexico Institute of Mining and Technology
Leo Brewer begins the interview with a description of his family and his early years growing up in Youngstown, Ohio. Brewer's father worked as a shoe repairman until the Depression hit in 1929. Brewer and his family…
- Interviewee Brewer, Leo, 1919-2005
- Interviewer Bohning, James J.
- Subject Thermochemistry, Chemistry, Physical and theoretical, Plutonium, Thermodynamics, High temperature chemistry, Los Alamos National Laboratory, University of California, Berkeley. College of Chemistry, University of California, Berkeley. Department of Chemistry, Chemists--Biography, Actinide elements, Brewer, Leo, 1919-2005, Manhattan Project (U.S.)