The interview begins with Edward Donley describing his early years growing up on his family's farm and attending a one-room schoolhouse. After graduating from high school, Donley joined the Civilian Conservation Corps…
- Interviewee Donley, Edward, 1921-
- Interviewer Bohning, James J.
- Subject Hydrogen, Mechanical engineers, American Standard, Inc., Pool, Leonard Parker, 1906-1975, Continental Aviation and Engineering Company, Liquid oxygen, Mechanical engineering, Oxygen, Donley, Edward, 1921-, Air Products and Chemicals, inc.
Julius Blank begins the interview with a look at his childhood and early education. He graduated high school at the age of fifteen and began taking classes at the City College of New York while working various jobs.…
- Interviewee Blank, Julius
- Interviewer Brock, David C.
- Subject Fairchild (Firm), Noyce, Robert N. (Robert Norton), 1927-1990, Integrated circuits--Very large scale integration, Mechanical engineers, Microelectronics industry, Shockley, William, 1910-1989, Moore, Gordon E., 1929-, Electronic industries, Blank, Julius, Semiconductor industry, Shockley Semiconductor Laboratory, Crystal growth
Dexter Baker begins the interview by discussing his childhood and early education in the suburbs of Philadelphia. After graduating from Upper Darby High in 1945, Baker was drafted into the US Navy and admitted to the…
Depicts Wilhelm Conrad Röntgen, awarded the first Nobel Prize in Physics for the discovery of X-rays, along with an X-ray tube and an atom.