- 2001-Nov-19 – 2001-Nov-21
John Woolston grew up in a suburb of London, England. Though he originally intended to study humanities, he was assigned by his school to the science track. He entered King’s College London, where he studied nuclear…
Kenneth Standing grew up in Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada, the oldest of four children. His father was an accountant, his mother a primary school teacher and housewife. Standing says he ended up in science by process of…
- Interviewee Standing, Kenneth G., 1925-
- Interviewer Grayson, Michael A.
- Sponsor American Society for Mass Spectrometry
- Subject Standing, Kenneth G., 1925-, Mass spectrometry, Nuclear physics, Leptons (Nuclear physics)--Decay, Cyclotrons, Time-of-flight mass spectrometry, Scientific apparatus and instruments
Michael A. Kelly begins the interview with a discussion of his childhood and education. Growing up in Roswell, New Mexico, Kelly became interested in radio and television electronics at a young age. After high school,…
- Interviewee Kelly, Michael A., 1936-
- Interviewer Daemmrich, Arthur, Brock, David C.
- Subject Kelly, Michael A., 1936-, United States. Army. Reserve Officers' Training Corps, Engineering, Nuclear physics, Hewlett-Packard Company, Electron spectroscopy, Kevex Corporation, Stanford University, Scientific apparatus and instruments, Scientific apparatus and instruments--Design and construction, Electrical engineers
Cachet includes two depictions of Lord Rutherford and text, "World Famous Scientist Pioneering in Radioactivity and Nuclear Physics." The research program in the field of radioactivity undertaken by Rutherford at…