- 1991-May-24 – 1991-Jun-05
O. Theodor Benfey begins the interview with a description of his childhood in Germany during the rise of the Third Reich. He tells of his experiences in England, where he was a student during the war, and then his move…
John E. Franz begins this interview by discussing his early life in Springfield, Illinois, during the Depression. He then describes his undergraduate work at the University of Illinois and his contacts there with Roger…
- Interviewee Franz, John E., 1929-
- Interviewer Bohning, James J.
- Sponsor Society of Chemical Industry (Great Britain). American Section
- Subject Franz, John E., 1929-, Physical organic chemistry, Organic compounds--Synthesis, Monsanto Company, Chemical industry, Herbicides, Glyphosate, Environmental policy
Jerome Berson begins this interview with a discussion about his family, his early interest in chemistry, and his childhood in Florida. After high school, Berson attended college at City College of New York. He then…
- Interviewee Berson, Jerome A.
- Interviewer Gortler, Leon B.
- Subject Roche Diagnostics, Physical organic chemistry, Biradicals, Conservation of orbital symmetry, Hückel, Erich, 1896-1980, University of Wisconsin, Doering, W. von E. (William Von Eggers), 1917-, Molecular orbitals, Berson, Jerome A., Chemists--Biography, Isotope dilution analysis, University of Southern California, Yale University, Woodward, R. B. (Robert Burns), 1917-1979, Carbonium ions