Postcard with Yemen postage stamp commemorating the inauguration of new World Health Organization offices
Stamp issued by the Yemen Arab Republic depicting Persian polymath Avicenna (circa 980 - 1037), also known as Ibn Sina, Abu Ali Sina, and Pur Sina, as well as red roses and the new World Health Organization headquarters…
- Circa 1923 (Date of original photograph)
Portrait photograph of French physician, bacteriologist and immunologist Albert Calmette (1863-1933) who was an associate of the French chemist, biologist and microbiologist Louis Pasteur (1822-1895). As an officer of…
- Circa 1900 (Date of original photograph)
Portrait photograph of French immunologist, bacteriologist and physician Monsieur (Emile) Roux (1853-1933), also known as Pierre Paul Émile Roux. Roux served as Louis Pasteur's (1822-1895) assistant from 1878 until…
Cachet depicts Frederick Banting and Charles Best with a description of how they isolated and refined insulin as an independent hormone.
- Artist Ray Webber
- Contributor British American Bank Note Company
- Subject Postage stamps, Best, Charles Herbert, 1899-1978, University of Toronto, Commemorative postage stamps, Banting, Frederick Grant, Sir, 1891-1941, Science on postage stamps, Canada, Nobel Prize winners, Medical scientists, Cachets (Philately), First day covers (Philately), Physicians
Cachet and stamps depict Nobel Prize winners from 1902.
- Artist Wallhorn, Arne
- Subject Postage stamps, Mommsen, Theodor, 1817-1903, Authors, Ross, Ronald, Sir, 1857-1932, Postmarks, Lorentz, H. A. (Hendrik Antoon), 1853-1928, Zeeman, Pieter, 1865-1943, Science on postage stamps, Fischer, Emil, 1852-1919, Nobel Prize winners, Physicians, First day covers (Philately), Chemists, Sweden, Commemorative postage stamps, Cachets (Philately), Physicists
Iranian postage stamp commemorating the 1100th birthday of Abū Bakr Muhammad ibn Zakariyyā al-Rāzī (Rhazes)
Depicts Abū Bakr Muhammad ibn Zakariyyā al-Rāzī (also known as Rhazes), a Persian polymath, physician, alchemist, and philosopher.
Postage stamp from Dubai, featuring a depiction of Persian polymath Avicenna (circa 980 - 1037), also known as Ibn Sina, Abu Ali Sina, and Pur Sina. Avicenna is regarded as one of the most significant physicians,…
- After 1979 – before 2000
Postage stamp from Comoros, an archipelago of volcanic islands situated off the south-east coast of Africa, featuring a depiction of Persian polymath Avicenna (circa 980 - 1037), also known as Ibn Sina, Abu Ali Sina,…