Carlos A. Cuadra, a pioneer in the field of information sciences, begins the interview by discussing his family and educational background. He describes how he continued his education while serving in the Navy during…
- Interviewee Cuadra, Carlos A.
- Interviewer Burke, Colin B.
- Sponsor Eugene Garfield Foundation
- Subject Cuadra, Carlos A., World War (1939-1945), Minnesota Multiphasic Personality Inventory, Rand Corporation, System Development Corporation, Information storage and retrieval systems, United States. National Commission on Libraries and Information Science, Information storage and retrieval systems--Business, Defense contracts, Intelligence service
William McMillan begins this interview with a discussion of his parents and youth in Montebello, California. The youngest of seven siblings, McMillan expressed an interest in science at an early age. He attended…
- Interviewee McMillan, William George, 1919-
- Interviewer Bohning, James J.
- Subject Rand Corporation, Mayer, Joseph Edward, 1904-, McMillan, William George, 1919-, Manhattan Project (U.S.), Chemists, McMillan Science Associates, Harvard University, Chemists--Biography, Columbia University, University of California, Los Angeles