- 1979-Jan-04 (First session)
- 1979-Jan-05 (Second session)
In this interview, Frank Westheimer begins with his family, his childhood and early education in Baltimore, his undergraduate days at Dartmouth, his decision to go into chemistry, and his choice of Harvard for graduate…
In this interview Dr. Frank Mayo first discusses his educational career as an undergraduate and graduate student at the University of Chicago. He then traces his professional career as a research chemist with Du Pont,…
- Interviewee Mayo, Frank R. (Rea), 1908-1987
- Interviewer Gortler, Leon B.
- Subject Kharasch, M. S. (Morris Selig), 1895-1957, General Electric Company. Research Laboratory, Stanford Research Institute, University of Chicago, United States Rubber Company, Chemists, Mayo, Frank R. (Rea), 1908-1987, Chemists--Biography, E.I. du Pont de Nemours & Company
Herbert C. Brown studied at Crane Junior College, where he became fascinated by chemistry and its history; when Crane closed down, Brown was among the students invited to work in Nicholas D. Cheronis' Synthetical…
The informal report drafted by a University of Chicago team, regarding contract OEMsr-79, documented efforts to record chemical warfare agents using sensitized paper tape. The report includes one such strip…
- Author Wilzbach, Kenneth E., Nicolaides, Nicholas, Remington, William R., Brown, Weldon G., Stell, Robert J., Ballweber, Edward G., Pearson, Donald E.
- Subject Cyanogen compounds, Gases--Analysis, University of Chicago, Mustard gas, Chemical agents (Munitions), United States. Office of Scientific Research and Development. National Defense Research Committee, Chemical warfare, Hydrocyanic acid, Phosgene