Carlyle B. Storm begins the interview describing his family background and chosen academic path. After obtaining his PhD, Storm became a professor of chemistry at Howard University and worked to secure funding for…
- Interviewee Storm, Carlyle B., 1935-2019
- Interviewer Daemmrich, Arthur, Thackray, Arnold, 1939-
- Subject University of Oxford, Gordon Research Conferences, Chemists, Howard University, Los Alamos National Laboratory, Storm, Carlyle B., 1935-2019, Chemists--Biography, Norges tekniske høgskole, National Institutes of Health (U.S.), New Mexico Institute of Mining and Technology
The interview begins with Konrad E. Bloch describing his childhood in Neisse, Germany, and his undergraduate education at Technische Hochschule in Munich. During a research assistantship in Davos, Switzerland, Bloch had…
- Interviewee Bloch, Konrad Emil, 1912-
- Interviewer Bohning, James J.
- Subject University of Oxford, Biosynthesis, Biochemists, Human Genome Project, Cholesterol, Biochemistry, Chemistry, Organic, Harvard University, Bloch, Konrad Emil, 1912-, Columbia University, Nobel Prize winners, Cholesterol--Synthesis
Letter between Robert S. Mulliken and Harrison Shull, American quantum chemists, concerning planning for an upcoming meeting on Molecular Quantum Mechanics.
- Addressee Shull, Harrison
- Author Mulliken, Robert Sanderson
- Subject University of Oxford, Chemistry, Physical and theoretical, Biochemists, Mulliken, Robert Sanderson, Quantum theory, Chemists, Longuet-Higgins, H. Christopher, Coulson, C. A. (Charles Alfred), 1910-1974, Nobel Prize winners, Matsen, F.A. (Frederick Albert), 1914-, Physicists, Shull, Harrison
Letter between Harrison Shull and Robert S. Mulliken, American quantum chemists, concerning travel plans for Mulliken and colleagues.
- Addressee Mulliken, Robert Sanderson
- Author Shull, Harrison
- Subject University of Oxford, Shull, Harrison, Biochemists, National Academy of Sciences (U.S.), Hirschfelder, Joseph O., 1911-1990, Mulliken, Robert Sanderson, Chemists, Coulson, C. A. (Charles Alfred), 1910-1974, Nobel Prize winners, National Research Council (U.S.), Matsen, F.A. (Frederick Albert), 1914-, Physicists
Letter between Robert S. Mulliken and Harrison Shull, American quantum chemists, concerning both personal and scientific matters.