Joseph P. Dougherty begins his oral history with a discussion of his youth in various parts of New York City and raises such topics as his family's religion and his father's experiences with the local unions. Dougherty…
David Golde begins the interview with a discussion of his early years and education in Bayonne, New Jersey. In high school, Golde developed an interest in medicine, which was stimulated by his biology teacher. He…
- Interviewee Golde, David W., 1940-2004
- Interviewer Wolfe, Audra J.
- Subject Biochemists, Biology, Microbiology, Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center, Biochemistry, Golde, David W., 1940-2004, Cornell University, University of California, Los Angeles. School of Medicine, University of California, San Francisco. School of Medicine, Virology, Virology--Research, Microbiologists
Bernard Fields begins the interview with a discussion of his early years, growing up in Brooklyn, New York. Fields was encouraged by his parents to excel in scholastic endeavors. After graduating high school at the age…
- Interviewee Fields, Bernard N.
- Interviewer Schlesinger, Sondra
- Subject Molecular biology, Virology--Research, Biology, Microbiology, Biochemistry, Fields, Bernard N., Harvard Medical School, Immunology, National Communicable Disease Center (U.S.), Virology, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Biochemists, Microbiologists