- 1998-Dec-14 – 1998-Dec-16
Jochen Buck was born and grew up in Reutlingen, Germany, in the Swabian Alb. His father was a teacher of science in the Gymnasium. His mother, a housewife, came from a middle-class family of butchers, and Jochen might…
- Interviewee Buck, Jochen, 1956-
- Interviewer Maestrejuan, Andrea R.
- Sponsor Pew Charitable Trusts
- Subject Vietnam War (1961-1975), Hammerling, Ulrich, Buck, Jochen, 1956-, Cells--Growth, Autocrine mechanisms, Vitamin A, Cornell University. Medical College, Adenylate cyclase, Medical scientists, Pharmacologists
This press release announcing the discontinuation of the DU spectrophotometer served as a retrospective of the instrument's development and significance.
The first Beckman Instruments DU Spectrophotometer was developed…
- Author Reilly, Mickey
- Subject Deluxe General Incorporated, Barbiturates--Analysis, Ultraviolet spectroscopy, Scientific apparatus and instruments, Vitamins--Analysis, Spectrophotometer, Vitamin A, United States. National Bureau of Standards, Toxicology, Beckman Instruments, inc., Forensic sciences, Beckman, Arnold O.