General view of Dr. Michael Somogyi (1883-1971) posed in front of a building on the Washington University Medical School campus. A Hungarian American professor of biochemistry at the Washington University and Jewish…
This interview with James R. Fair begins with a discussion of Fair's childhood in the Midwest, highlighting high-school experiences in Little Rock, Arkansas, and early interests in science. Fair attended The Citadel as…
- Interviewee Fair, James R., 1920-
- Interviewer Bohning, James J.
- Subject Chemical engineering, Washington University (Saint Louis, Mo.), Fair, James R., 1920-, University of Texas at Austin, Disasters, Shell Development Company, Texas--Texas City, Ethylene, High Flyer (Ship), Grandcamp (Ship), Chemical engineers, Styrene, Fires, Monsanto Chemical Company
- 1987-Dec-15 (First session)
- 1988-Jan-06 (Second session)
Mildred Cohn begins the interview by reflecting on her childhood, education, and family life, describing how she was prepared to enter college by age fourteen. She then discusses her undergraduate experience at Hunter…
- Interviewee Cohn, Mildred, 1913-2009
- Interviewer Gortler, Leon B.
- Subject Women biochemists, Washington University (Saint Louis, Mo.), Urey, Harold Clayton, 1893-1981, University of Pennsylvania. School of Medicine, Du Vigneaud, Vincent, 1901-1978, Biochemistry, Harvard Medical School, Cornell University, Women chemists, Cohn, Mildred, 1913-2009, American Society for Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, American Society of Biological Chemists, Women in science, Biochemists, George Washington University