This interview with Frederick J. Karol begins with a short discussion of Karol's family background and childhood near Boston, Massachusetts. Following an early interest in chemistry, Karol in 1946 enrolled at Boston…
- Interviewee Karol, Frederick J., 1933-
- Interviewer Bohning, James J.
- Sponsor Society of Chemical Industry (Great Britain). American Section
- Subject Karol, Frederick J., 1933-, World War (1939-1945), Soldiers, Union Carbide Corporation, Polyethylene, License agreements, Chemical industry, Shell Chemical Company, Polypropylene, Ziegler-Natta catalysts, Polymers, Polymerization, Chemists
Peter Morris starts this interview by asking Donald Green and Willard Asbury about the early years at Standard Oil Development Company and the influence of Frank Howard and Eger Murphree. The arc process is discussed as…
- Interviewee Asbury, Willard C., 1900-1986, Green, Donald A., 1905-1988
- Interviewer Morris, Peter J. T.
- Subject Petroleum industry and trade, Asbury, Willard C., 1900-1986, Atmospheric Nitrogen Company, United States Strategic Bombing Survey, Petroleum chemicals industry, Green, Donald A., 1905-1988, Standard Oil Company, Interessengemeinschaft Farbenindustrie Aktiengesellschaft, Hydrogenation Engineering and Chemical Company, Standard Oil Development Company, Esso Research and Engineering Company, Solvay Process Company, Enjay Chemical Company, Ziegler-Natta catalysts, Chemical engineers